Sr. Systems Administrator
The Sr. Systems Administrator is responsible for installing, configuring, testing, fine-tuning and documenting all server, network, monitoring, telecom, and enterprise storage solutions to support the needs of the business. The Sr. Systems Administrator is expected to use their skills to ensure high uptime and availability, including ongoing maintenance, upgrading, monitoring, backup and recovery, configuration and patch management of the above systems. Provides systems analysis and participates in making recommendations on potential hardware and software purchases and upgrades.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Provide phone/email/helpdesk-ticketing technical support to end users on hardware, software and network related problems such as setup, troubleshooting and repair of user systems.
- Provide excellent customer service with an emphasis on a professional, timely and positive experience to employees
- Setup, configure and maintain server and networking equipment as well as software for all employees according to end user needs and company standards
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve complex server and network issues, operational problems and repairs to damaged equipment
- Monitors, analyzes, configures, and scales systems to ensure optimum level of performance and availability.
- Must have the ability to learn new skills and keep current with rapidly changing information technology.
- Participates in a 24-hour on call rotation providing after hours support for systems issues
- Participates in a rotating event schedule to assist with quarterly company events in various domestic locations.
- Serve as Level 2/Level 3 escalation for Help Desk in resolving internal technical support issues
- Be a SME in various specialized technologies for advanced architecture, solution finding, and troubleshooting skills
- Participate in asset and service acquisition discussions and assist in price negotiations and design discussions for new solutions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred but not required. 5-10 years of systems administration and help desk experience preferred. Demonstrated experience and aptitude with technology.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Expert with Windows 10, macOS, Windows Server 2012 through Server 2022, and Linux operating systems
- Strong Office 365, automation, load balancing, VMWare, storage, application virtualization and networking skills
- Advanced knowledge of corporate applications (SharePoint, Okta/MFA, systems orchestration, etc.), email administration, VDI technologies, cloud hosting, and/or database administration a plus
- Expert knowledge in at least one scripting/automation languages
- Demonstrated experience with AD, DNS, DHCP, CIFS management, IIS, certificate and domain management, and scripting
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to lift, move and setup servers, disk shelves, appliances and related equipment
- Ability to follow policies and procedures to ensure best practices and standards are adhered to
- Ability to see areas of process or labor inefficiencies and help the organization overcome them in cost effective ways
- Requires a strong passion for technology and a desire to help others.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to perform duties independently
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees
- Ability to manage stress and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.